Australia, renowned for its high standard of living, vibrant culture, and promising career opportunities, is a dream destination for many. The Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) stands out as a compelling choice among the various pathways leading to this land of dreams. But what is it, how does it work, and who can apply? Let’s delve deeper and unfold the answers to these questions and more.
What is the Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190)?
The Skilled Nominated Visa, better known as the subclass 190 visa, is a permanent resident visa that allows skilled workers nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency to live and work in Australia permanently. Designed to address specific skill shortages within Australia, it’s an excellent avenue for skilled professionals worldwide to contribute their expertise and build a flourishing life Down Under.
Understanding the Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
In layman’s terms, the Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) is a type of visa designed for skilled workers nominated by an Australian state or territory. Got your head spinning? Don’t worry; we’ll break it down further.
This visa class allows you to:
- Live and work in Australia permanently.
- Enroll in Australia’s Medicare health-related care and expenses system.
- Sponsor eligible family members for permanent residence.
- Apply for Australian citizenship if eligible.
Isn’t that fantastic? Australia isn’t just inviting you to work there, but it’s welcoming you to be a part of their community, to join the Aussies in saying “G’day mate!”
Benefits of Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190)
The subclass 190 visa offers numerous advantages:
- The opportunity to live, work, and study in Australia indefinitely
- Access to Australian healthcare
- Eligibility for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor relatives for permanent residence
Eligibility for the Subclass 190 Visa
Meeting the eligibility criteria is crucial for a successful visa application. The requirements include:
- Skill Assessment: Your occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations. A positive skills assessment is required.
- Age: You must be under 45 years of age when you apply.
- English Language Proficiency: You must have competent English.
- Nominated by a State or Territory Government Agency: To apply, you must be nominated by an Australian state or territory.
- Points Test: You must score at least 65 points on the points test.
The points test factors in age, English language ability, skilled employment history, educational qualifications, and other variables.
Steps to Apply for the Visa
Securing the Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) is like cooking a gourmet meal. It requires patience, precision, and following the recipe step by step. So, let’s put on our chef hats and start cooking!
Step 1: Check Your Eligibility
The first thing you need to do is ensure you meet all the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
Step 2: Skills Assessment
Next, apply for a skills assessment. The Australian government needs to ensure you’re up to the job you’re being nominated for.
Step 3: Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
In this step, you need to express your interest in this visa through the SkillSelect online system.
Step 4: State or Territory Nomination
This is where the state or territory government comes into play. They need to nominate you.
Step 5: Apply for the Visa
Finally, you can apply for the visa! Just make sure you have all the required documentation handy.
Think of it as a journey, every step taking you closer to your destination – Australia!
Visa Processing Time
I know, I know, waiting for your visa application can feel like watching paint dry. But hey, good things come to those who wait, right? For the Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190), the general processing time is:
- 75% of applications: 9 months
- 90% of applications: 12 months
Living in Australia
So, you’ve got your Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) in hand. It’s time to pack your bags and head for the Land Down Under. But what’s life going to be like?
- The People and Culture: Australians are renowned for their laid-back attitude and friendly nature. You’re sure to feel welcome!
- Housing and Accommodation: Whether you prefer the hustle and bustle of the city or the quiet tranquility of the suburbs, you’ll find a home that suits you.
- Healthcare: Australia boasts a world-class healthcare system. You’ll be covered by the national healthcare system, Medicare.
- The Great Outdoors: If you’re a nature lover, Australia’s the place for you. From the Great Barrier Reef to the vast Outback, there’s always something to explore.
How much does it cost to apply for the Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)?
The visa costs AUD4,045 for the main applicant. There might be additional costs for additional applicants and other services.
Can my family members apply with me?
Yes, you can include members of the family unit in your application.
What happens if I don’t get nominated by a state or territory?
Unfortunately, you cannot apply for this visa unless you are nominated.
Can I apply for the Subclass 190 visa while I am in Australia?
Yes, you can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when the visa is granted.
Can I work in any part of Australia with a Subclass 190 visa?
As a Subclass 190 visa holder, you are required to live and work in the nominating state or territory.
How long is the visa valid?
The Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) is a permanent visa, so it does not expire.
Obtaining the Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) can be a stepping stone to a brighter future. Yes, the process might seem long and daunting, but every step you take brings you closer to your dream of working and living in Australia.
Remember, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. So, are you ready to take that step towards your Australian dream?